Monday 9 February 2009

I'm still alive (just) after the weekend!!

Thanks for the well wishes for a good weekend, they worked because the weekend was ace. it was so lovely to see Amy and lots of good things happened when she was here 1) Amy was here so that was good 2) i found 20 pounds in the street 3)i brought a pretty dress with the money 4) i found two massive jars of old buttons in a charity shop for 5 pounds (but was too excited about them to take a picture before i sorted them into my collection) 5) El's party on Saturday was amazing i had sooo much fun!!! on the down side.....i drank far far far far too much on Saturday and as a result couldn't move at all yesterday (and i mean at all!!) but ho hum!!!

I had some more button luck this morning when i wondered into a charity shop before work a bag of real old buttons still on the original cards. LOOK!!
including these three beauties!! the burgundy ones at the bottom are glass and they say made in Czechoslovakia so that shows their age, the ones on the far left are shell ones and have a lovely backing card and the ones on the left are cute little flower ones in a coral colour!!
i couldn't believe my luck!!
Right I'm off to eat curry (its a joy to be able to eat again after Sunday!!) I'll post a more crafty post tomorrow!!
Take Care
P.S. (Lady Vanishes is on at cineworld tonight!!! lovely Monday classic!)
xx

6 comments:

  1. Lucky weekend! Well apart from the hangover ;) I'm v envious of the buttons, I really must get my act together and get into those charity shops. Glad to hear you had fun with your friend and at the birthday party. I always end up drinking way too much but I think as soon as you're out of your teens the hangovers just get worse!!!!

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those buttons look so good. I like the look of the flower ones. Did you like the ones from Gran w? - they were her aunties (arthur' great-great aunt) so are pretty old.
    Sounds like you had a good weekend - enjoy the film.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a fabtastic weekend, and well done on the button find, what a great haul. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the wekend went well. Cool Buttons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bex, thanks for leaving a comment,I can't wait to get my computer sorted and be back blogging normally.
    Sounds like you had a great weekend. Lucky you -all though buttons, what a find, I'm very envious.
    Sold another purse today - to a friend - custom made for someone's birthday so I'm chuffed.
    Take care.
    Nickyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, bad spelling moment, meant to say 'all those buttons'!!!!!!
    Nickyx

    ReplyDelete