Tuesday 28 July 2009

A Bit More With It Now...

Thank you for all of your lovely comments about the shop. Saturday went very well, apart from some visits from some rather peculiar people who didn't 'get' the shop (one lady said "but what does it do?" and "is this it?") everyone loved it. we are open Thursday, Fridays and Saturdays 10-5, so if any of you want to come and say hello, please do!
We hope to sell other peoples handmade wares quite soon too, we are just ironing out the creases with that. so if you think you might be interested then please get in touch!!
I found a new toy (well arth found me new toy) in a charity shop yesterday...so i spent a bit of my evening making...

Badges!! its only a kids badge maker so i can only make one size, but i still managed to get very addicted to making them....

i made some fabric ones...
some Richard Scary ones...
And some comic book ones..
Right, I'm off to work for another delightful 12-10 shift...aren't i lucky?
before i go, i was wondering if any of you lovely ladies know of a place i can buy buttons in bulk? I'm struggling to find anywhere and before long , if the shop goes well, we are going to need some more!!
Have a nice Tuesday!
x

10 comments:

  1. Love the badges! Glad to hear it went well, you can always rely on at least one member of the public to drive you mad ;)

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres' always some one. I hate to say it but there will be some making comments about you charging too much as well - don't listen to them, you know how much love, care and attention goes into your products and you should be paid as such!

    Ranting aside, I am glad to hear that the majority of people loved the shop. Thank you for sharing the pictures with us! I think I already said this, but it doesnt hurt to say it again - you are an inspiration!

    Ooo what sort of products would you be looking to stock? :D

    The badges are funky! Especially love the fabric ones.

    Have fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your shop is fab so phah to anyone else that doesn't think so, non crafters anoy me when they dont understand us!! Its called using the left hand side of your brain that contains the crafty bits :) loving your new badges and I would most definately be interested in wholesale-ing some stuff thats if you'd want me :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on he shop opening and I LOVE the badges!! :-) what a great toy!! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAb badges, not surprised your addicted to them!!
    Ignore the general public there's always one person that just doesn't get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the badges, i keep meaning to have a go at those!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely badges!! i used to collect badges as a kid x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the shop, I only wish you were closer so I could visit! Just ignore the deadbeat - there's always one idiot who really should never open their mouth in public. (oops - is it me?!?)

    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bex I could look min Hobbycraft for you for badges. Good luck with the shop this week. Hope you keep selling - don't panic if you don't!
    see you soon love Ali XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, love the badges! Did you mean you are looking for any handmade buttons to stock? I make & sell fabric buttons on Folksy & Coriandr, but not sure what you have in mind? x

    ReplyDelete