Sunday 9 August 2009

I'm Home!!

Hello everyone! I hope that you are all fine and dandy!! I've just got back from a lovely holiday in North Wales with my Mum, Dad, Sister and her boyfriend...unfortunately Arthur couldn't get the time off of work!! We were staying in a camp site near Abergele, in this wonderful specimen of tent!And here is my suite that i stayed in for the week...
The journey was a bit long...although i shouldn't complain, poor old mum and dad had to drive over from King's Lynn in Norfolk!!
We went to lots of lovely places but for me the best place we went to was Bets-y-Coed. This little village, right in the middle of Snowdonia, is BEAUTIFUL! We went there to see a local natural attraction called Swallow Falls...i don't think i need say anything...the pictures speak for themselves.
It was such a beautiful place!We walked back along the river and had soo much fun! Rachel (my sister) nearly lost her shoe in mud, Dean (Rachel's boyfriend) attempted to swim in the river! It was hilarious! and soo pretty. After we had walked back we went to another place (i cant remember the name!) that had an insanely high still functioning aqua duct. It turns out i have a bit of thing for heights...as in I'm scared of them! but look how high it was!!! and there was only a little metal fence between me and the very long drop! This picture isn't too good, you can't see the River Dee underneath....because i was too chicken to take my hands off of the railing to take a picture from on the aqua duct (this one is from the safety of actual ground!!)
We also went to great sea side town called Llandudno, it did just what it said on the can!
Along the Promenade (that's my mum in the white top on the right, and my sister just in front of her)
This is taken from the Pier (which i didn't take a picture of....how silly am i!!)
It had some scary clowns...
great vintage coaches...
This little rabbit was carved out of table in a park that Mum and I wondered through, (after we had chickened out of going on a cable car up a big old mountain/hill) there were lots of statues, tables and chairs carved into Alice and Wonderland themes.
I was pretty happy and content with Llandudno...but it got a million times better when i nipped into a charity shop and came out with....(hmmm, can you guess?).... What a surprise!! This tin is very welcome!! the buttons at the shop were getting a bit lower than i would have preferred so these should help to top them up!!
Right, I'm sorry if this post has been a bit picture heavy...I'll be back soon with something craftier! enjoy your Sunday evening peeps!
xx


7 comments:

  1. What a great tin of buttons! Glad you enjoyed your well deserved break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what lovely buttony treasure!! Looks like you had a wonderful time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find in the charity shop! Glad you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of all the buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've also visited Bets-y-Coed, It's utterly charming! Looks like you had a great trip. I look forward to reading more of your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE camping, and Wales, you lucky thing. I think the kids are too young but I have already introduced them to a tent in the garden and they love making camp fires with gran to cook sausages. I am getting in there before bah-humbug city boy husband get's his influence in. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those buttons! What a find.

    ReplyDelete